All bookings made with Mamaland Safaris are subject to these terms & conditions.
1. Price of trip includes: Private Ground transport (car and fuel in 4*4), Safari guide, gorilla/chimpanzee permits mentioned in the itinerary, entry cost to all parks mentioned in the itinerary, all activities mentioned (boat, rafting and so on), all meals and accommodation. This is if nothing else has been agreed.
2. Price does not include: International flights (unless special agreement), visa fees, drinks, items of personal use, tips and activities mentioned as optional.
3. Adjustments after booking: If you want to make changes in your itinerary after booking we will arrange for this if it is possible. Note that the dates for gorilla and chimpanzee trekking can not be adjusted after booking.
4. Changes in itinerary: In the case of unforeseen circumstances (such as road closures, bad weather, security conditions or problems with hotels) Mamaland Safaris reserves the right to make adjustments in the itinerary. You will off-course be informed about this as soon as possible.
5. Payment: We will ask you for a down payment in connection with making the booking, of around 1/3 of the total price (this payment always includes the gorilla permits since these have to be secured right away and the down payment can be higher then 1/3 if you have for example luxury accommodation, special activities or flights that need to be paid straight away). At the latest one month prior to the start of the safari a second payment should be made, covering around 1/3 of total price. At the latest by the starting day of the safari the last payment should be made. Bookings made within one month of departure means that you pay 2/3 in connection to booking. After receipt of first down payment Mamaland Safaris will take necessary steps to secure bookings of items specified in the itinerary.
6. Means of payment: Payment from abroad can be done through bank transfer to our dollar account in Uganda or through credit card payment via PesaPal (at fee of 3,5%). Fees for transfer is paid in full by the client. We accept payment in cash when in Uganda.
7. During safari: The animals in the parks are wild so no guarantees can be given of good sightings during game drives or trekking, but rangers and our guides will do their very best to make sure you get a great experience. Mamaland Safaris reserve the right to refuse any client behaving in a way that can cause danger/inconvenience to any third party, damage to property, environments or ecosystems to continue the trip. In such a case no refunds will be made and Mamaland Safaris will not be liable for expenses occurring due to termination.
8. Vehicles: We put a lot of energy into keeping our cars in a roadworthy condition. Despite this punctures, breakdowns, damage or any other delay can occur due to poor road conditions that are out of our control, for this no liability can be accepted.
– 60> days to start of safari 10% charge
– 59-32 days to start of safari 25% charge
– 31-8 days to start of safari 50% charge
– 7-3 days to start of safari 75% charge
– 2-0 days to start of safari 100% charge
– Gorilla permits and flight tickets are excluded from percentages above and are 100% non-refundable.
10. Complaints: Any issues that occur during the safari should be reported immediately to the guide and we’ll do our best to resolve it. If an issue has not been solved to the client’s satisfaction a written complaint should be e-mailed to us no later than 30 days after finishing the safari.
11. Liability: Mamaland Safaris can not accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances that are our of our control. This includes flight delays/cancellations, war/threat of war, riots, civil unrest, terrorist attacks, border closure, acts of the government, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closure, natural disasters, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical/mechanical problems to transport due to bad roads and similar events beyond the company’s control.
12. Insurance: It is the clients responsibility to make sure that they have sufficient coverage with a travel insurance.
13. Health: It is the responsibility of the client to insure that proper medical precautions (immunisations and so on) have been taken.
14. Marketing: We reserves the right to use photos and videos taken during the trip for marketing purposes and by signing the contract you agree to this. This consent can be revoked at any time in writing.